Like & Share via FB

Monday, January 3, 2022

This post is really just an excuse

 

[VIDEO] I'm sorry I missed this last month. Remember seeing a post here about Amtrak opening a new train depot in Ft. Madison, Iowa it was over the past summer/fall perhaps August/September but then again it didn't open right away.

Last month the depot opened. And it's been cool to see trains finally stop there since Amtrak used to pass it up since I've been watching the webcam via Virtual Railfan. If you had been watching the webcam you might have seen them working to lay a new boarding platform for Amtrak passengers. Now you can see them get off to stretch their legs or then board or detrain.

BTW, this brief video afflicted with vertical video syndrome is my excuse to unveil my new railcam page which I constructed on another space featuring other webcams via Virtual Railfan along the route of Amtrak's Southwest Chief. Basically cams in Galesburg, Illinois; Ft. Madison, Iowa; LaPlata, Missouri; Santa Fe Junction in Kansas City, Missouri; Flagstaff, Arizona; Barstow, California; and along the Cajon Pass also in California.

Hope you enjoy and as an added convenience I found and posted a link to a Southwest Chief schedule online since Amtrak no longer publishes pdf files of schedules. You can go here before your trip to print a schedule that is very convenient for you. You can at least see where your train will stop and the exact schedule of your train.

I hope you enjoy!