Like & Share via FB

Saturday, September 4, 2021

New depot to open soon in Ft. Madison, Iowa

 

[VIDEO] This is something to look forward to when you watch the Virtual Railfan webcam on Sept. 8th. Amtrak will stop at that depot you see on the webcam in Ft. Madison, Iowa. There was a lot of construction you see going on starting with the road next to the railroad and then creating a platform for those passengers on the Southwest Chief who are "de-training".

Soon this cam will be just like other cams along the Southwest Chief in Galesburg, IL; LaPlata, MO; Flagstaff, AZ; and Barstow, CA. You can see these various stops on my Amtrak webcam page here. I need to update some of my links to share this with you all.

The last time I took the Southwest Chief I got off the train on the way back to Chicago in Ft. Madison at the non-descript depot which the train will currently stop until Sept. 8. A nice man offered to take my pic and I turned him down although one pic was taken on the platform there which ended my recording of the vacation back to Chicago. I barely remember it and like I said that depot was non-descript. It was likely a building in the railyard and who knows how long that has been in service for Amtrak.

Either way it's great to see this nice dept restored for service and look forward to see passengers getting on and off in Ft. Madison live on video.