Like & Share via FB

Monday, February 5, 2024

Resurrected Garage: 1972 GMC TDH3302 New Look Bus - The Cold Hard Truth

 

[VIDEO] For some reason I have been looking at videos of people who work on their own buses. Perhaps they own a former Greyhound bus or they own an old transit bus.

However, I like this idea of this GMC New Look short bus. These buses are the ones I grew up with in Chicago and then suddenly they were no longer in service. Of course the bus you see here is a shorter length from what I recall in service on CTA.

Perhaps a short bus like this is an easier drive that a regular length bus. Also I wouldn't mind owning a piece of nostalgia and wouldn't mind taking it on the road. Of course I'd have to do a conversion and treat it as a home away from home.

If I could afford this particular bus when it goes on sale, I'd go for it. Of course if I did, perhaps it's important to think about a budget for customization and maintenance.