Like & Share via FB

Saturday, December 11, 2021

Michael Nesmith R.I.P.

 

[VIDEO] One of the YouTube channels I follow shares clips from David Letterman's career as a TV personality and Friday morning I found this appearance by Nesmith on Late Night with David Letterman back in 1983. Nesmith didn't look as young as he did when he was the star of the 1960s sitcom The Monkees.

I've known about The Monkees perhaps since the 1980s. As a child I watched the reruns on local TV and the theme song was catchy even if I didn't get all the episodes. In my mind this was a rather kid friendly TV program compared to the Late Night show.

I'm very sorry to hear about Nesmith's passing yesterday which was noted as natural causes. With his death only one of The Monkees remain and his name is Mickey Dolenz. Davey Jones had died in 2012 and Peter Tork died in 2019.

Also, The Monkees band were really created for the aforementioned TV series, however, they later did become one of the more successful bands of the 1960s. I do find the 60s very fascinating and perhaps a major pivot point in American history and with the many historic and even national traumas that happened back them.