Like & Share via FB

Saturday, November 13, 2021

Video rental nostalgia

 I saw two sites that I want to buy "membership cards" from. One is from the last Blockbuster video store left in the world located in Bend, Oregon. The other is from a man who recreated a video store in his basement and offers his own merchandise.

I don't remember not only the last time I visited a video store, I don't remember the last time my eyes had seen one. Many years ago I applied for a Blockbuster in the Gold Coast neighborhood ironically just around the corner from a Whole Foods although at the time I hardly paid attention.

The manager at the store seemed uninterested in talking to someone who wanted to work there. Just went up to a kiosk to fill an application and never got a call back. Although I do remember a young woman who came in grooming her hair presumably waiting for an interview. The interest was there however if they had no interest and I had nothing to pay for a rental I likely never returned and ironically the space is now vacant after being a bank branch for many years after that Blockbuster closed.

Hmmmm, I should take a few snapshots when I go up there. Stay tuned got to make the Beta more interesting.

Anyway I wouldn't mind carrying either of this cards in my wallet every day or just have these in my collection at home. Perhaps one day I can use these to decorate my future game room.