Like & Share via FB

Friday, April 16, 2021

A movie theater chain bites the dust

 As I returned to the movies as recently as last Friday, this sort of escaped me. A theater chain Arclight has shuttered seemingly permanently. They did have an outpost in Lincoln Park here in Chicago where I've never went to the movies, but I did see their lobby in addition to a lounge and their concession stand also had a place to buy merchandise. This news just shows the longterm effects of this pandemic's mitigations efforts.

I first got wind of this learning that a landmark in Los Angeles will be shuttered the Cinerama Dome. I have never been there unfortunately and here's hoping that landmark may reopen and likely under new ownership in the future. Perhaps on my next trip to the west coast this will be one destination worth visiting.