Like & Share via FB

Sunday, March 21, 2021

Simply Railway and the brand new Amtrak Viewliner sleepers

 

[VIDEO] In 2019 I took my only trip so far aboard a Viewliner Sleeper car by Amtrak. Traveling with my mother we did one leg in a handicapped bedroom. Then on another leg we were in a Viewliner Roomette which has a toilet.

I'm glad to see the new cars in the roomettes no longer have a toilet. Utterly no privacy if you have to use the bathroom and especially if you have a roommate. And of course the next question is, if you have to use the bathroom in your roomette where do you go. 

If I wanted privacy in my roomette and have a roommate then I'd have to go to the coach car on the train to do my business at least in the old model Viewliner sleepers. Probably a hell of a trek if you really need to use it bad.

I hope you enjoy this as while I don't think I took the Silver Meteor on one leg, my trip in 2019 took us to Jacksonville, Florida at that time.

I hope you enjoy this half-hour plus video from Simply Railway.