Like & Share via FB

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

"The Big Bus"

[VIDEO] Been years since I've seen this film. I was horrified when I first saw this film at even a humorous idea of a nuclear-power bus. Now looking at recent clips of The Big Bus beyond this trailer, I just can't take this movie.

The odd subplots a fallen veterinarian, a man with a terminal illness, a couple about to divorce, a pastor who lost his way, a bus driver accused of cannibalism, and that's probably not have of the subplots. The main plot is that an intercity bus company creates and builds a nuclear-powered bus for non-stop service between NYC and Denver. And this is seen as a threat to the oil industry.

You know this movie is absurd and is a cult classic. It probably wasn't very popular when it was first released but someone appreciates it now. For me, it's probably one of those movies I would think of as you're entertained and then you can forget about it later. I would put The Big Bus in that category, though just for old time sake this is one movie I would like to see one more time.

No more clips on YouTube! Like this one! [VIDEO]
Hmmm, it's funny to see the stars that I know in this movie. Rene Auberjonois, Richard Mulligan, Joseph Bologna, Stockard Channing, and I just found out the late Larry Hagman is in this movie though probably in a bit part. These are names I would know today though one of those (Bologna) I know from this movie. The others were in far more well known productions years down the road Auberjonois I mostly know from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Mulligan was the star of series Empty Nest & Soap. Channing was on the series The West Wing.